Sunday 1 November 2015

Zombie Rush 2015!



Today I did the Zombie Rush obstacle run. It was loads of fun. I have done 1 obstacle run before in April this year, but never got to finish it as I injured my ankle after a few meters. This time I wore an ankle brace and was abit more careful.

This run is a so-called fun run and was held in the forest in the middle of nowhere (Soerendonk to be exact). www.zombierush.nl . It's a 5km run with obstacles along the way, but the real challenge is to reach the finish without getting infected. You have a belt with 3 red flags which represent your lives. Along the route there are zombies who are aiming for your lives. Reach the finish line with 1 life still attached then you can say that you have survived the zombie acollapse!


Getting ready and having fun with the zombies! 





The zombies were great and the make-up was very realistic! The obstacles were not super challenging but as this is my first obstacle run I don't have anything to compare it with. It was fun none the less! And there was plenty of super girly screams whenever a zombie came near!








Different groups leave at different times, so people are spaced out and you don't need to wait too long when you get to an obstacle. We didn't have to wait very long when we got to an obstacle.








There was also a few obstacles where you could win back a life. One of them was to run through a tent where paintballs were shot at you. I have a nice round bruise on the back of my leg from this one! Another one was putting your hand into a dark container and trying to fish out a finger like here below:




A few more kilometers and a few more obstacles- even a mini foam-party!







And then we were finished!




I also thought that I would attempt to do a little vlog, but I am so technology challenged that I can not even call this a vlog. The music went missing somehow, but you can hear us scream like little girls :-) . Tips are welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment