Saturday 17 October 2015

Healthy Chickennuggets!






A few days ago I saw a recipe for making chicken nuggets with oats on a blog that I follow (www.esmeetrouw.com) and I have been waiting to try this recipe. I made this for lunch today and it is a great succes! Even my kids loved it- they asked for seconds and thirds! Esme even said it tatses ALMOST just like McDonalds. So me making the world a better place once again, I am sharing this recipe:

You will need:

* Some chickenfilet cut into pieces ( I tried to stick to McDonald's sizes to make it as authentic as possible!)
*25grams of oatmeal (you can buy this or just take regular oats and put it in the food processor like I did)
*50grams of oats
*1 egg
* Spices of your choice
*Coconut oil (But Olive oil or anything else should work aswell)

Method:

 Mix the oatmeal, oats and spices in a bowl or on a (deep) plate. Whisk the egg, and then take the chicken pieces one at a time and into the egg and then roll them in the flour with oats. Make sure the chicken pieces are well coated with the oatmeal, to get them nice and crispy.

Heat a pan with the coconut oil and bake the pieces of chicken until they are golden and crispy. And then ENJOY!  


No comments:

Post a Comment